Estimated Cost of Attendance (2021-2022)
|Health Insurance Premium||$2,580|
|Room & Board||$12,000|
|Books and Supplies||$800|
* Fees included: Graduate Student Association Fee, Student Organizations Fund, Honor Council, and Health Services Fee (no spouses)
** Indirect living costs will vary for each MGA student. However, these figures are meant to provide estimates for what students can expect to pay per year for 12-month occupancy.
Rice University's Master of Global Affairs provides limited funding opportunities to competitive students selected for the following opportunities.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program & Laspau Scholarship
- Donald M. Payne International Development Graduate Fellowship
- Eligibility: Domestic Students
- Award Information: The Master of Global Affairs will cover the difference between the Payne Fellowship tuition funds and the current Master of Global Affairs tuition for each of two years.
- Website: https://www.paynefellows.org/graduate-fellowship-program/payne-program-overview/
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Eligibility: Domestic students who are AmeriCorps Alumni
- Award Information: The Master of Global Affairs will provide a $5,000 tuition scholarship for each of two years a student is enrolled in our program.
- Website: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/segal-americorps-education-award
- Yellow Ribbon Program from the US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Eligibility: US military veterans who meet the Yellow Ribbon qualifications.
- Award Information: For the 2020-2021 academic year, $6,919 per year for each of two years.
- Website: https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/post-9-11/yellow-ribbon-program/
International students should apply for awards offered by their governments or by governmental and private agencies in the United States or elsewhere.
U.S. Students may consider the following sources of aid:
- Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- Federal Student Loans (FAFSA)
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Islamic Scholarship Fund
- Paul and Daisy Soros Foundation for New Americans
- Post 9/11 GI Bill
- The Thomas R. Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship
Please note: The deadlines for many scholarships sponsored by private organizations are often in October or November of the year before a student intends to matriculate.